I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

To Your Health

Day 12

I was sick 4 times last year. I suppose it was making up for the fact that I had not been sick in over 2.5 years. Very rare for me. Growing up I averaged 2 colds a winter. Rarely did I get a summer cold, but they weren't impossible. Being sick that often, I felt a bit of an expert on colds and they are usually not as overwhelming as they seem. I just sound/look/feel icky and am more tired and tired of being sick than I am sick.

So two of last year's illnesses were basically the colds I got "in the ol' days." I knew how to take care of them. However, one came at a particularly emotional trying time, and the other came at my birthday. So it was hard for different reasons, but I made it through. One illness lasted a fairly long time, was in the summer (always hard then), and had repercussions that I am still suffering from. The fourth illness was bizarre and out of the blue. "Just a cough" some said. I'll give you "just a cough!" Racked with pain and wheezing, trouble breathing, couldn't sleep. It was an awful, awful time.

I know what it is to enjoy good health. And be grateful for that good health. Especially when I'm surrounded by people who have gotten sick. Not only am I grateful that I am not sick, but I'm grateful that unlike a lot of my friends, I did not get sick over my vacation.

Never underestimate a day with good health.

No comments: