I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hymns to Him

Day 10

I had wonderful times when I sang in the BYU Choirs. They were some of my happiest experiences and memories. I remember so many of the songs we sang, and the impressions I received, or uplift, or strength, or...well...so much.

There are 2 songs that always stand out to me, which I love most dearly. They were Mack Wilberg arrangements. I love his music. And these two, well, my heart just leaps whenever I hear them sung. I'm so glad the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings them often. But my heart also leaps when I get to sing them again. And not just the Wilberg arrangements, but the regular ones straight out of the hymnbook. I know I can sing loud, and I try not to be too loud when I sing in congregations. But with those two, I just cannot help it. They beg for being sung in joyous praising. Even rapturous.

And today, I was able to sing both! Our opening hymn in Sacrament meeting was Praise to the Lord, The Almighty.
Don't you love the men's verse? Oh--and the soprano harmonies at the end of the 4th verse? (I sang the 2.5 soprano part. ha ha ha) Oh. I love it so much. How can you not sing this with a smile on your face and in your heart.

Then tonight for the opening song during the CES Fireside with Elder Neil L. Andersen, we sang the other favorite of mine: Redeemer of Israel.
Another fantabulous men's verse. It always makes me want to cry, it's that beautiful. And then the excellent soprano descant. I love how I truly feel I'm soaring when I sing it.

I LOVE THEM!!!!

No comments: