I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, April 10, 2015

Gospel Message Day 198

General Conference Insights, Part 5

President Packer is getting a bit harder to understand over time. But his message was very clear. He was one of the marriage talks. There were some great quotes. But I loved that one corresponded so well with one of my recent posts when I was blogging about chastity. He quotes Alma 38:12.

Use boldness, but not overbearance; and also see that ye bridle all your passions, that ye may be filled with love; see that ye refrain from idleness.

I have long loved that scripture since my dating days in college. President Packer said, "Bridle passions means to harness." Or as someone once said in college--it says to bridle, not squelch. Our passions are good, right, and healthy. But they must be kept in control, and used in the right way at the right time. I love that the senior apostle, who has been on this Earth almost a century, counseled us on this subject, because to me it shows that it is still and always will be important.

No comments: