I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Gospel Message Day 189

Easter, Part 3

It bothers me that there are people out there who think in religions, especially in Christian ones like mine, that women are viewed and treated as lesser than men. But that isn't the case at all! Heavenly Father and Jesus the Christ cherish women  and treat them with the highest respect. I have felt and seen this in always in my life. I have observed it all around me as well.

We see it in the scriptural accounts of the Savior's life on Earth the reverence and respect He showed to women. One of His last acts before He died was to make sure His mother would be taken care of. And, in what I feel is one of the most obvious times the Savior has ever shown this respect, was after one of the mosts crucial parts of His life. Think of it--after He was resurrected, Christ showed Himself--to give comfort, to testify of His successful mission, to give peace, comfort, and hope. He brought that to all of us. But the first person to know it, was a Daughter of God. To me, that was an ultimate sign of reverence and love.

No comments: