I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Gospel Message Day 214

Gospel Reflection

I feel like I'm done with the previous topic (since so much was referred to it in previous topics) and I'm not up for starting a new one tonight. So I thought I'd share an insight from a Fireside I went to tonight. The speaker was absolutely hilarious, and I had so many impressions from the Spirit about ways to find more joy, peace, and comfort.

But what I loved most was how he pointed out that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which provides the ordinances to help us live the Gospel, is not about families. Family is a focus. But it is not the purpose of the Church. The purpose is to bring us unto Christ--all of us. No matter where we are, who we are, what situation we are in, or what struggles we are facing, our Savior wants us to come unto Him. And that is what the LDS Church is all about--each of us helping ourselves and each other to do all we can to learn of Him and emulate Him.


Doctrine & Covenants 18:11

For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.

2 Nephi 26:33

For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile.

Moroni 10:32
Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

No comments: