I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, April 17, 2015

Gospel Message Day 205

Family History, Part 3

Family History and Temple Work go hand-in-hand. I've already blogged on the topic of temple ordinances. Those ordinances are saving ordinances. After we perform them for ourselves, we are to work to get them done for those who have died without a chance to have those ordinances. It may seem overwhelming where to start, but it makes perfect sense to start with out family. To seek out our predecessors, without whom we would not be. That while researching and learning about who we are and where we come from through our ancestors, we also help to save them along the way. Don't they deserve it? After all they did and endured in their lives that one day you would exist on this earth? And if you are on this earth and have the great blessing of the Gospel in your life, shouldn't you share that blessing with those who have gone before? The answer to that should be a very easy and resounding, "Yes!"

No comments: