I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Gospel Message Day 192

Easter, Part 6

So, I have my annual pulling dandelions wound. I've had to work around it a lot today. The occasional pain that came from it had me checking on it. Which had me looking at it.

And it got me reflecting more on my Savior. I used to do that as a child during sacrament--pondering what it must have been like for Him to be nailed to the cross. As a child it was pretty hard to comprehend anything beyond nails--which was bad enough. As I've grown older, and known more emotional and mental pain as well as physical, the Atonement became even more unfathomable. But it also became more real and more powerful to me as I learned to use it in my life. So my tiny little wound is actually a rather sweet thing to have this weekend as it more fully brings to mind what happened to the Savior on this Easter weekend.

No comments: