I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, April 13, 2015

Gospel Message Day 201

General Conference Insights, Part 8

Elder Holland gave a beautiful Easter talk. He gave such a fabulous analogy about the two brothers rock climbing. And how one was left hanging and alone, yet he wasn't really alone. There were brotherly hands and strong arms to pull him through, as there always are for us. That analogy hit so close to home for me. Not that I've ever experienced rock climbing like that. But the lesson was so clear. And the love, care and concern are things I have always felt from my parents and siblings. I know what it is to have someone there to pull me through. I had that as a child. But I know how it is as an adult, even though I am alone. For I know the Savior has never left me hanging there, alone, with no hope of safety.

This quote was one of the gems I took from the talk:

So today we celebrate the gift of victory over every fall we have ever experienced, every sorrow we have ever known, every discouragement we have ever had, every fear we have ever faced—to say nothing of our resurrection from death and forgiveness for our sins. That victory is available to us because of events that transpired on a weekend precisely like this nearly two millennia ago in Jerusalem.


No comments: