I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Gospel Message Day 210

Eternal Families

So, even though Christ's Resurrection could certainly span more than 3 days, I felt I was repeating myself after so recently talking about it in my Easter posts. So I'm moving on to the next and I am SO happy with it. LOVE and ADORE this topic.

I've already blogged about Temple Ordinances. I know I mentioned that sealings occur which bind families together in this life and in the life to come. Death will not break those family bonds if they have been made in the temple through the right authority and kept eternal through righteous living, continual keeping of covenants, and obedience to all of God's commandments.

People (usually not of my faith) often wonder why I'm "holding out" for a righteous male member of my faith. Why? Because there is nothing I want more (except for exaltation and living with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again) than to marry my best friend for eternity. To have that promise, hope, and goal of an eternal marriage--for we still have to work at it to obtain all the promises and blessings, which makes it the goal we work together toward in this life. And then the crowning blessing(s) to that eternal life together will be that as our children come they will be forever part of it as well.

Until (and after) I receive those two great blessings that I have longed for since I can remember, I will always be grateful that I am already part of an eternal family. One that I love and am proud of being a part of. I have parents, siblings, siblings-in-law, and Niephews who are forever connected to me. As well as grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. So many generations connected. I will not be alone in heaven, no matter what does or does not occur on earth, so long as I am faithful to my covenants and obedient to the Lord.

No comments: