I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Gospel Message, Day 206

Family History, Part 4

I was re-reading my Patriarchal Blessing yesterday. The work of genealogy and family history is specifically asked of me in that blessing. I am counseled to not neglect it. It was a nice thing that by the time I received my blessing when I was 14, I had already developed a love for family history--because it gave me such joy and excitement to receive that guidance. I have struggled over the years to find the time to regular attend to it, but my love for it has never diminished. And over those same years, I have heard our leaders counsel ALL of us more and more that this is a responsibility we all must share. We all must do our part. I can testify that it is a difficult work to do alone. I get stumped with mysteries. I get confused only coming from my limited perspective. I forget some of the rules in relation to what work I can have done for certain ancestors. It helps to have others involved, for it gives more hands and minds working on it, as well as no longer feeling alone or lost or overwhelmed in such a huge, daunting, but needed and worthwhile work.

No comments: