I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Gospel Message Day 193

Easter, Part 7

What an amazing weekend! I mentioned how I love having General Conference on Easter weekend. We get some amazing talks because of that. Two of them exceedingly powerful--and given back-to-back! 

First was Elder Holland's, given in his very straightforward way that hits home in a way no one else does. LOVE the story he shared and the lesson we can take from it.



Then Pres. Uchtdorf shared his:



I loved how he pointed out that we are not saved because of our obedience. "Salvation is purchased by the blood of Christ." That we obey His commandments because we love Him.

This line stood out even more at Sterling Singers choir practice this evening. The purpose of our choir is to testify of Christ through song. One of them is so perfect in relation to the Atonement. It ended up being our last song to sing tonight, and our director said to make this a part of our Easter worship. Not only was that a perfect idea because of how amazingly beautiful and full of the Spirit this song is, but because one of the lines--"gained an interest in the Savior's blood"--fit so perfectly with the quote from Pres. Uchtdorf.

Indeed, the entire song was the perfect way for me to end my Easter celebration, for it beautifully expresses exactly how I feel: that I will forever stand all amazed that Christ could love me enough to endure such love so that undeserving I might be saved.

Here is the song. May you feel the love and the Spirit with it each time you hear it as I do.

(Lyrics)
And can it be that I should gain
An interest in the Savior’s blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain—
For me, who Him to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

He left His Father’s throne above
So free, so infinite His grace—
Emptied Himself of all but love,
And bled for Adam’s helpless race:
’Tis mercy all, immense and free,
For O my God, it found out me!
No condemnation now I dread;
Jesus, and all in Him, is mine;
Alive in Him, my living Head,
And clothed in righteousness divine,
Bold I approach th’eternal throne,
And claim the crown, through Christ my own.
-Charles Wesley, 1738

No comments: