I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Gospel Message Day 191

Easter, Part 5

I was in the temple today. (Technically yesterday morning). It was Good Friday, and there I was being instructed about the Plan of Salvation. Being reminded that a Savior was appointed to, well, save us. Being reminded that Christ came to Earth to fulfill the Atonement. Which happened on Good Friday. Full circle. Easter is usually celebrating just Christ's resurrection. But I feel that Easter includes Christ's last week on Earth as well as the resurrection. (Read the linked article--really good!)

So the Passover feast where the Sacrament was instituted. The Atonement (which basically lasted from  the Garden of Gethsemane until he gave up His spirit on the cross). Christ's trial, which was his final testimony of Himself and His mission. The Crucifixion. Christ's time beyond the veil before His resurrection. And then the glorious resurrection itself. For me, Easter includes all of these. Which makes this one amazing time of year!

P.S. I love that April General Conference always comes close to the Easter season, often being part of it as it is this year. Perfect fit to talk of Christ, sing of Christ, rejoice of Christ, preach of Christ, learn of Christ, testify of Christ, and write of Christ during the celebration of the most important part of His mission on Earth.

No comments: