I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Gospel Message Day 200

General Conference Insights, Part 7

I love when the speakers in conference repeat their own words multiple times within their talks. It truly drives their message home. Elder Nelson did this a couple of years ago with his "Ask the Missionaries!" talk.

Elder Pearson did the same thing. He spoke on how Lehi's dream shows us how to Endure to the End. His list (I love when they give lists!):
1. Don't forget to pray
2. Come unto christ and be perfected in Him
3. Press forward with faith
4. Book of Mormon is key to spiritual survival
5. Don't be distracted and deceived
6. Stay by the tree.

With the Book of Mormon he told us to search. "Every Day! Every Day! Every Day!" I love that. He repeated it twice. Would make a great cross-stitch to put on the wall. :-)

I also love that he said there is no room for average or complacent disciples. We must be active. To be about and doing. No one is saved by just sitting there. Just sitting there leads to you wasting away. Even if you have no control over your situation, you can still have control how you act and what you do in that situation. So we may be in situations in life that aren't fabulous. Stuck in a place that is upsetting. In a job that is difficult. In a marital status that is not one's first choice. But I still have control over how I live the Gospel, and how I endure to the end.

No comments: