I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Gospel Message Day 216

Gifts of the Spirit, Part 2

So yesterday I quotes scriptures that list some of the gifts of the Spirit. So I'm going to go with the first one listed in the first scripture I used:

Teach the word of wisdom by the Spirit

Merriam-Webster defines wisdom as - 

: knowledge that is gained by having many experiences in life
: the natural ability to understand things that most other people cannot understand
: knowledge of what is proper or reasonable : good sense or judgment

To me that means more than facts. It is what one has done with the facts they know, especially facts they have gained from their own experiences or from others' experiences. So, by the Spirit, I think this gift is teaching people how to apply the Gospel in their lives through the experiences they have had or they experiences they hear about. 

I don't absolutely know for sure. I don't think there is a right or wrong thing about what it means. According to Bruce R. McConkie, gifts of the spirit are "endless in number and infinite in variety." It is up to us to see what gifts we have been blessed with, and to seek out and pray for others. So what I described is how I see that particular gift. 

No comments: