I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Gospel Message Day 217

Gifts of the Spirit, Part 3

The next gift on the "list" from the scriptures is teach the word of knowledge by the Spirit. To me, the difference of this compared to yesterday's gift is that the Spirit enables those with this gift to teach the principles, facts, etc. of things. I was going to say Gospel, but I realized that today's and yesterday's gift could apply to other things. As long as they help bring people to Christ, I think they should be considered spiritual gifts.

Odd example, but I have discovered that I'm getting pretty good explaining how to use e-devices to elderly people. Now how would that bring someone to Christ? Well, as I teach them that, I am able to teach them how to access apps. Apps that give them access to the scriptures, LDS manuals, talks from Church leaders. I can show them how to use apps that will give them access to social media and video calls, helping them keep in touch with family and improve those eternal relationships. Certainly these things if used in the right way can bring people closer to Christ.

No comments: