I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Gospel Message Day 218

Gifts of the Spirit, Part 4

Next on the list: Exceedingly Great Faith.

Not just faith. Or even great faith. Exceedingly great faith. Those writing the scriptures don't use the word exceedingly a lot. Only when they are really emphasizing that it was a huge amount.

I look back over my life, and I can see that I have had a lot of faith throughout it. I would say most of the time it has been strong. I learned early on from my own experiences and experiences of my family that trusting in the Lord is always the best option. No matter how scary, unsure, daunting, silly, or whatever the situation, following the Lord has resulted in great blessings--usually unforeseeable ones.

But exceedingly great faith? I don't know. I certainly want that. I don't ever want to doubt or question. I don't want to follow blindly. Yet I want the spirit to be reassuring me as solidly as it possibly could--no wavering at all. No room for any doubt. I don't know where exactly my faith is in relation to exceedingly. However, the great thing about spiritual gifts is you can pray for them. And work towards developing them. So, I can keep praying for my faith to be exceedingly great.

No comments: