I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Together Forever

Day 43

We had a stake Relief Society temple day. First we met for lunch. Which was yummy. Especially the berry pie. Oh yum. Then we had a message from a Temple Presidency member and his wife.

And I quote:

"Well, sisters. All I can say is there are a lot of dumb men out there." - President Bateman

It made me smile.

But the best part was that after lunch, we split off to do whatever work we wished. And as I hadn't done so in a few months (and it coming up on Valentine's Day and it is tradition for me), I did sealings.

I so love sealings! And we had a good group. And I got to hear the ordinance in another language for the first time. The sealer occasionally jumbled up names, and we all kindly forgave and corrected him. But my first time to act as a daughter, he read the father's name as "Tice." And we all thought he had flubbed again. So he and the witnesses looked again. Nope. The family was a Tice family. So, I, Sister Tice, acted proxy for another Sister Tice. It was neat. My line comes from Germany, and they were from England. But you never know....

I think there is nothing greater for a celebration of love than sealing families together--and I'm grateful that my Savior makes eternal families possible.

No comments: