I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Room to Grow

Day 46

I'm now officially involved in Summer Reading for this system. Part of me wondered if I wanted to embark on such a huge undertaking (being that the system is huge and I have lots of things I'm already trying to learn). But then I realized that I've been involved in Summer Reading--to some rather large extents in some years--for the last 5 years. I wouldn't feel normal if I were not involved. And what better way to learn how it is done in this new system than to be involved with it? And as I was at the meeting, I actually enjoyed it. Not just the meeting, but being involved.
Getting to know all of these many people I am supposed to be acquainted with.
Feeling up to par in how things are run because of the experience I've been able to have.
Seeing myself become more a part of this system that I really wondered if I could belong before a few years had passed.

I could never have imagined that such opportunities and experiences could have awaited me, and I'm so grateful the Lord brought me to it!

No comments: