I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

In the Freezing Cold

Day 33

I went running today. Well, my kind of running is more like jogging. But I went. Funny that as I lay in bed, the thought of doing one of my cardio workouts--even the 20 minute one!--just seemed too *groan* and yet the thought of going running in the negative degree winter weather seemed appealing. Yes, it was the lazy part of knowing I'd only be able to make it four about 10 minutes. And yes, it was partly to be able to brag/prove/encourage myself that I could not only get back into running, but that I could do so in the winter. I guess the memory of all the many days I ran around at 5 am to deliver newspapers in every kind of Delaware and West Virginia weather (including winters much harsher than where I am now) has poked at me with its You-did-this-before-you-can-still-do-this taunting.

So I did.

And while my lungs screamed at me for a very long time after, I felt so invigorated that I did it. I ran for 10 minutes in negative weather with wind blowing and tears streaming and breath panting and legs crying. All bundled up. Wearing my awesome BYU paw gloves. And getting to listen to my own music on my iPod (one of the pluses against the cardio workouts).

Strange prompting, but I'm grateful I followed because the Lord knew how it would affect me for....how it always affects me even though I often forget.

No comments: