I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Do You Wanna Dance?

Day 42

I felt that I should go to the disco-themed Valentine's dance for our stake. I figured I shouldn't let the last and quite awful experience persuade all of my feelings and opinions about dances, even if the dances just haven't been the same over the last however many years. So in spite of not feeling all that healthy, I knew I needed to go. I needed a distraction. And I had the "kinda promise" about going to whatever social things I could go to.

So, I followed the prompting and went.

And, of course, the Spirit (hence the Lord) were correct in knowing that I needed it. Of course, I had to make sure my attitude was what it should and needed to be, which certainly made a difference. I had SO much fun! I think it helped that they played more music that I was familiar with. And didn't know people well or at all, so was less self-conscious than typical. And had free chocolate and cookies. And the music wasn't ridiculously loud. And I had some friends there. And....

Well, I had a wonderful time and a great workout and it didn't matter how emotionally or physically upset I was--I was happy!

No comments: