I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

I'm Full

Day 58

I had a day full of spiritual messages to contemplate, ponder, ingest, and relish in. We had Ward Conference tonight. Our Sacrament speakers were the Bishop and Stake President. Sunday School was taught by a CES teacher and consequently a member of our stake presidency. Relief Society was taught by a member of the Stake Relief Society presidency (maybe even the president herself). And the stake fireside this evening was taught by the same counselor who taught Sunday School. Each message carried spiritual food for thought and growth. I especially liked the Fireside's message of obtaining "bags with no holes"(Haggai 1:6; Luke 12:33), who can fix our bags with holes, and how to either avoid bags with holes or how to (eternally) invest in bags with no holes. This brother is really good with object lessons, so I liked seeing what he used.

I also loved hearing the musical numbers in Sacrament, R.S., and the fireside. The first two had a few musically off moments. But as I could feel the Spirit through their message and their testimonies in their offerings, it was still uplifting. Still, I cannot help feeling my soul swell to hear a lovely piece of music done so well and beautifully and also full of the Spirit. And that was the brothers' duet of "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" at the Fireside.

The Lord has offered me a spiritual banquet on this Sabbath day, and I am so gratefully stuffed!

P.S. The stake is now embarking on a 2-month study of "The Living Christ" document in preparation for Easter. It makes me more excited to keep studying, and grateful that I made my music video for it to help me memorize and more internalize it.

No comments: