I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Because I Knew That

Day 55

I am grateful for having a testimony of various subjects related to the Gospel and how the Church is run. Even the difficult ones. Especially the difficult ones. For when they are discussed and taught in class, like tonight's Institute, I can nod and agree and know.

I remember how difficult it was for me in my Nauvoo semester when we were in our Teachings of Joseph Smith class. Some things spoken of were so very difficult for me. So hard. Spiritually shaking, even. It was a foundational block of my preparation to enter the temple. For I was able to see one of the ways I learn, and how I'm affected by new things, or going deeper into things I thought I knew. It has helped me in the ~9 years since control how I react (or don't react) to things that come in to my life.

So when the more difficult subjects come up, I no longer am thrown for a loop and overwhelmed. Not much anyhow. But when it is something that I have experienced for myself and gained a testimony for and of (like tonight's Institute topic, or one of Elder Scott's Conference talks a few years ago), I can nod with assurance that I know the truth of those matters. And my testimony can be added to.

And I'm grateful for each opportunity--no matter how difficult they were at the times--that the Lord has given me for experience and growth in my knowledge and my testimony to not only prepare me for those moments, but allow for deepening of what I have been able to gain up to that point.

No comments: