I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Oh the Possibilities!

Day 45

I woke with remnants of last night's headache. Enough that I knew I needed to take it easy or it would come in full force. It lingered, but was bearable. Still, that certainly wasn't the happiest start to the day.

So it was with some elation and happiness when I was leaving my apartment to do some laundry and find, laying at my door, a cold, solitary, white flower. (I, the wannabe botanist, am terrible about what flowers are what, but my guess is it's a tulip.) The poor thing was so cold. But I put it in some Kangen water and it perked up beautifully. I have to resist from taking more pictures than is needful. :-)

Then, of course, the fun began:

Who left the flower?

Somehow it became even more fun when I realized the options are relatively few because less than 10 people know where I live. But each one that came to mind brought a smile, that I wanted to enjoy each one. Here are the possibilities:

1. My brother. He definitely knows where I live. And he wakes up insanely early to be on his way to work. If he is able to work out where he goes, he could have swung by here and left it. And if that were so and possible, that would have been very sweet of him.

2. One of the elders. There were four elders who helped me move my things in. 
    a. One is the ward mission leader who always smiles and says hello to me. He was one of my partners at the Latin dancing FHE. It would be like him to want to make the new girl (new to everything!) have a smile on Valentine's Day.
    b. One is one of the Elders' Quorum presidents. We met at Waffle Wednesday. He is in my Institute class. And I've been in wards before where the EQ want to give a smile to the sisters in the ward, and either deliver chocolate or flowers or something. 
    c. I can't remember what one of their callings was, but I have seen him at my work once. And we happened to sit in the same pew yesterday. He, too, says hello and asks how I'm settling in. He and elder #4 could have brought something also for the EQ possibility.

3. One of my 3 sister friends who has been to the apartment complex. Of course, they only know which building I am in. They didn't really know the apartment, unless they have excellent memories and heard me say something in passing. Either way, it would be sweet if any of those 3 sisters left the flower.

4. My friend from BYU #2 who has been by to visit. He is the kind to want to deliver a smile, though I would think my place is out of his way.

5. The older couple from my "home" ward (family ward building across the street) who came by to see what members were living where.

6. The least likely of all, but possible someone else in the ward who has access--or got access--to my address, and then hunted around the many buildings until they figured out which one was mine.

Each of these possibilities makes me happy. But not just because it's which one is actual. It's that each one is possible. It's hard to describe it, but it is all of the possibilites--individually and together--which is what brings the happiness and gratitude today.

And I'm grateful that not only did the Lord prompt someone to bring that happiness to me, and that the someone followed it, but that I know each of those possibilities was possible because of people who honestly and truly care about me--flower delivered or not.

1 comment:

ldsjaneite said...

P.S. I didn't even get IN to how rarely I ever receive flowers, and just how ridiculously much it means to me when someone gives me flowers!