I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Temple, Food, and Friends--Great Combination

Day 57

I could choose my gratitude today as my first party here in my new home. It was a success. How could anything involving Amazing Grace not be a success? I had 4 guests, from Utah Parts 1, 2, and 3 of my life. It was kind of neat. Especially to see that all 3 parts were connected. Part 1 is cousins with someone who was in the same ward as both Part 2-ers and myself. And Part 1 is in the same stake as Part 3 and me. So, it was rather fun. And we enjoyed conversing. And I had a good evening. I am grateful for that.

But I am more grateful for our ward Salt Lake Temple trip. There were not as many as there should have been. But it was a good group. I enjoyed my car load of people. Good conversations both ways. Wonderful to be in the Salt Lake Temple again (my 3rd time to do an endowment session there). And nice to be in the same session with not only people I know from the ward, but also the bishop, one of the counselors, the stake president, one of his counselors, and their wives. And then for our small group to be treated to a wonderful lunch at The Garden Room in the Joseph Smith building! The food was great, the company was wonderful, and the conversation were enjoyable. It was one of the best temple trips for so many reasons.

And I was so grateful to share that wonderful experience from the Lord with friends and ward members.

No comments: