I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Family

Day 35

Another good temple visit. Very good.

And then a fun visit with family. We even went to an Asian buffet that had some really tasty food. (Including cheese wontons, a variety of sushi, and really good black pepper chicken.) It was a great way to wind-up my small recognitions of Chinese New Year. But it wasn't the great food that made the visit great.

It's getting to be close to family again!!! When all of my siblings who were nearby to my last home (and the nearest was 3 hours away), it began to take a very heavy toll on me. My family has always been everything to me. I don't know if that's my personality or having been the youngest for 10 years, or both. But at school, people used to tell me to stop talking about my family since that's all I ever talked about. And I feel very disconnected and incomplete being away from family. Last summer was very hard for me when the siblings all moved further away. It made my desire to leave "there" and move closer to family much stronger. Of course, I didn't expect that close to family would mean only half an hour away!

Yet one more reason to add to the ever-growing list of how the Lord knows best that I am to be here.

No comments: