I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Along

Day 49

Totally not in the plans I made when I left the house.

Riding the transit system to the Salt Lake temple ended up in me driving to Ogden to attend the temple there.

It was a humorous (though at the time irksome) progression. But I couldn't be more grateful that the "far away" temple still took less miles round trip than one-way to the temples I was close to in my last residence.

And I was grateful for the time I had to sit and reflect in the temple. I thought upon my topic for my talk this Sunday. And I gained a lot personally, especially in gratitude and recognizing the Lord's hand in my life.

He is there, in every little bit of it--and I am so grateful for Him watching out for me, and "leading me along."

The Lord Is My Light, no. 89
1. The Lord is my light; then why should I fear?
By day and by night his presence is near.
He is my salvation from sorrow and sin;
This blessed assurance the Spirit doth bring.

2. The Lord is my light; tho clouds may arise,
Faith, stronger than sight, looks up thru the skies
Where Jesus forever in glory doth reign.
Then how can I ever in darkness remain?

3. The Lord is my light; the Lord is my strength.
I know in his might I’ll conquer at length.
My weakness in mercy he covers with pow’r,
And, walking by faith, I am blest ev’ry hour.

4. The Lord is my light, my all and in all.
There is in his sight no darkness at all.
He is my Redeemer, my Savior, and King.
With Saints and with angels his praises I’ll sing.

[Chorus]
The Lord is my light;
He is my joy and my song.
By day and by night he leads,
He leads me along.


Text: James Nicholson, 1828–1876
Music: John R. Sweney, 1837–1899

No comments: