I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, August 28, 2015

Gospel Message Day 338

Friendliness

A random topic I picked myself, and not from the dog. Just something I observed at work.

One of my teens walked by and called out "Hi" as well as my name. It made me smile that she would want to say Hello on the day we don't have Teen Hour, because she saw me and knew me and wanted to be friendly. I also loved that I took time over the last year to learn the teens' names, because it was kind and friendly.

I in turn took that friendly encounter and decided to "pay it forward." We have two regular girls who can sometimes wreak havoc in our library, and can be a bit up in people's faces. We blame it on boredom since they are there for hours in the day. Still, I decided to try to be a little nicer to them when they asked me some questions. Over the past few weeks, their questions have actually become real seeking for knowledge rather than I'm bored and want to talk. This time it was about books! It actually ended up being an enjoyable because I put forth being friendly.

Friendliness and kindness and being nice are an important part of the Gospel, because they are ways we can be more Christlike.

No comments: