I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Gospel Message Day 334

Temple Work for the Dead

When one breaks down Gospel topics to be more specific, but then doesn't remember what those specifics are, previous blogging on related topics tend to overlap. I've blogged many times in this past year on temples, and temple work, and temple ordinances. And in that blogging I know I've mentioned that we do that work for ourselves, and we also do it for those who have died without having the chance to make those covenants themselves. So there really isn't much more that needs to be said. It sums up to this: there are so many of God's children who went through their lives on Earth without hearing the truth and having the chance to to choose if they would accept the Gospel and receive the ordinances Heavenly Father wanted them to have. The temple allows us to offer each one of those children (as we find them in our searching) their chance to choose if they will accept the ordinance work we vicariously perform for them.

No comments: