I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, August 3, 2015

Gospel Message Day 313

Family Support

This brief message brought to you today by my experience on the High Ropes course today. Many of us chose to do it. In. The. Rain. At first I thought this would be an awesome challenge to tackle. Plain stupidity on my part. Still. I made improvements on the log and the rappelling from last time. But the rock wall and wires were so difficult because of the slickness from the rain. That and I actually fell from the rock wall, which sent pure terror in me. Even though my belay men had me, and I knew I wouldn't fall to the ground, it was freaky hanging there in air. And I didn't want to experience that again. It was a very, very tough experience. Even though I have basically been "training" for the last 2 months so I would be ready to tackle this challenge again--and be better at it--it was still extremely difficult for me. A little bit emotionally as well as physically. But I was determined. I knew that I could get through this difficult, challenging thing--because that is what I have had to prove over and over again in life.

But what was a reminding proof to me was that I'm never alone in what I do. Not only were the two belay men there to guide me where to put my hands and feet and to lift when I could not do any more on my own, but every single one of my present family members stopped where they were and what they were doing to call out love and encouragement. I believe in life the Savior and the Spirit are my two belay men, pulling me up and guiding me and helping me along. But I also know that even though I am not near my family, from where ever they are and with what ever they are doing they are still calling out words of love and encouragement to me.

No comments: