I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, August 14, 2015

Gospel Message Day 324

Priesthood Power – Part 2

Since I’m trying to use my own definition of things, I would define the Priesthood as the power and authority to act in God’s name to do His will in order to serve His children. One cannot use the Priesthood for their own benefit. It can only be used to help others. (This often makes me think of the scene in “Slipper and the Rose” when the fairy godmother explains that she cannot use her power for herself.)

Worthy males (beginning at age 12 for the Aaronic Priesthood and beginning at age 18 for the Melchizedek Priesthood) are ordained to the Priesthood, giving them the authority to use this power of God to help others. Priesthood helps a father to be a father, especially helping him to be the best he can. Because with the Priesthood he is better able to preside and provide. A woman does not need the Priesthood, because it is already a part of her nature to nurture the family. She is also joining forces with Heavenly Father each time she invokes His power as she gives birth to a child of God.

I’m just going to get this out right now, because I’m sure many will wonder: those ridiculous women who keep arguing and fighting and protesting that women should hold the Priesthood do not have a correct testimony of what the Priesthood is and why it is here on Earth. They are being selfish (not to mention stupid). And selfishness cannot be a part of the Priesthood. Not to mention, they don’t need it. Do they not realize how spiritually endowed they already are?!


I am a woman. I am not a repressed one. I simply know who I am and what my plan and purpose are on this Earth. And I will achieve all of it without the Priesthood because that is not the duty or responsibility that has been given me. I have been given plenty of other responsibilities and I certainly don’t want to have the Priesthood added to that! I will gladly leave that responsibility for the brothers as it will enable them to serve better than they could without the Priesthood, and make them even more the kind of stalwart, strong men that I want in my life.

No comments: