I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Gospel Message Day 312

Failure

Failure has been discussed a lot at work, mostly with my ILEAD and ULA stuff. But I'm starting to hear it everywhere else, too. Almost like it is trending. :-) But I liked that part of our Relief Society lesson today focused on failure. I don't think I ever thought of how important it was to have and to acknowledge failure until an Institute class a few years ago where a student kept trying to convince the teacher that we should never use the word fail. It should rather be fall. And I thought that ridiculous and that no, use fail when it is a failure. There is nothing wrong or shameful about failing. It is a part of life. And it is more about what you do and you you deal with the failure that counts. I loved how the RS teacher ended her talk--it is only truly a failure if you completely give up.

So why would I blog about this as a Gospel topic? Not just because it was a lesson in church. But because as we strive towards being like the Savior, we are inevitable going to fail at some things. If we weren't going to fail, then we would be considered perfect and have no need to be tried, tested, strengthened, and able to grow on this Earth. So let's remember that failure will happen. And that the real true test will be what we do and how we deal with that failure. (And if we need a little help with those, I know the Savior will ever be willing to reach out a helping hand to us.

No comments: