I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Gospel Message Day 318

Renewal

Some times we need a time away from everything. We need time and means to let ourselves renew mentally, spiritually, physically, and emotionally. And we shouldn't let that need lead us to feel guilty for satisfying it. As long as we don't feed it constantly that it grows to something unreasonable. Today was just such a day for me. I did manage 5 loads of laundry. But other than that, I laid around all day to recuperate from a lot of draining things. Great things, but draining nonetheless. We were talking about this in the last week. That even spiritual things can be draining. Consider how Lehi was after his dream, or Joseph Smith after The First Vision. Such great spiritual experiences took them out physically and they needed a rest. Renewal is a crucial part of life. Which is one reason we have the Sabbath Day--1 day in the week to let ourselves renew from the week.

No comments: