I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Gospel Message Day 333

Family Friends

Family is great. Friends are awesome. But family members who are also your friends is one of the greatest things in the world. I am blessed to have that in my immediate family, and also in my extended. And it doesn't matter how many miles or years have separated us, we still have that friendship. We still love to see each other. We still love to spend time together. This month may have been full of run-around craziness that did not all have to do with work, but it was worth it. Because I was with family. Building up the friendships I have with these family members, including in our next generation of family. And with extended members whom I haven't seen in so long. This August has been such a family month, and it has been one of the best things about this whole year.

I'm grateful that unexpected things in my life shaped up to allow for all of this to happen. Some of those things were not pleasant at the time they occurred. But, of course, the Lord knew better. And as Sister A. would teach, It seemed bad, but was it? I was so upset and in tears when a musical was not a possibility this year. But look at all I was able to do because it didn't happen. Not having any tenants had their pluses and minuses. But the tighter budget of living on my own in the house also meant that I had a place to offer so many family members. I had 24 different family members stay the night this month. (Plus 8 more stop by to visit for an afternoon.) This would never have happened if others were in the house. It was a delight and a joy.

I'm so glad the Lord always knows best, and that He always will make things right.

No comments: