I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Gospel Message Day 315

Eternal Families, again

One can always blog on this topic, especially when they are actually though rarely surrounded by their eternal family! There have been one or two things of this vacation in which there were things I wanted to do. For example, water aerobics. I adore water aerobics. Such an amazing workout all while basically just playing in a pool. But I rarely get a chance to do my water aerobics exercises in a class setting. I was looking forward to two chances to participate. And I didn’t participate in either. Why? Because I felt it was more important to be there for my family. I had family to cheer me on during the Ropes course. I wanted to be there for those I could. So I cheered on the young’uns who did the climbing tower. And then I was major Soccer Mom cheerleader for the tweens yesterday and the teens today in shouting out encouragement and Good Jobs. It meant more to me, and I hope it means more to them as well, that I was there. Because family really is about time. And some times (actually, often if not most times), that time means sacrificing things to be there and be with them. I could have done a musical this week and missed the evenings with my family. But my family was more important and more worth it. Supporting and seeing how awesome my siblings and  “niephews” are is much more worth it than exercising in the water, or reading a book, or taking a nap, or giving this introvert time to rejuvenate in nature.


I will cherish the times I have had with my family here, because our times together and exceedingly few and far between. I want to make the most of eternity here on earth.

No comments: