I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, August 21, 2015

Gospel Message Day 331

True Friendship

I realized today that I don't have many days before my year is up. And it seems there are plenty of slips still left in the Dog Basket. I may need to speed things up a wee bit in trying to cover topics. But not to the point of rushing it. So, of course, I will be dealing with a repeat topic instead of picking out a new one. :-)

Today I got to spend a bit of time making a new friend, and then spent the evening spending time with Oklahoma! alumni watching Urinetown alumni in Camelot. It was (and still is) a great sorrow for me that I didn't get to participate in a musical this summer. It isn't just about the fun of acting, singing, AND dancing. It is mostly about the friends I make. Spending all the time together learning the songs and the dancing. Getting to know each other. Fun stories and jokes shared. New memories created. Last year especially I had such a supportive cast during some emotionally difficult times. And I appreciated their kindness and acceptance with no questions asked and no judgements made. I believe that is true friendship, full of Christlike love.

No comments: