I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, August 17, 2015

Gospel Message Day 327

Priesthood Power - Part 4

I didn't feel it was time to end this topic, and yet now I sit here and can think of only one thing to write. One thing to sum up the topic for me. As a single woman, I have spent many years in residences that did not have Priesthood power. It was never far from me. I always had neighbors (while in UT), or friends at church, or home teachers. I have a very strong testimony of the importance and need of home teachers and other Priesthood holding brethren in my life--particularly ones who are worthy of that Priesthood and can be called upon at a moment's notice to use it.

For I have writhed in agony from physical pain. One time I actually crawled out into the kitchen so two brothers could give me a blessing of healing.

And I have had the joy of brethren who were visiting my dwelling and offered prayers over my home and my household.

And I have cried many nights from a broken heart or wounded soul, and needed a blessing of comfort.

I find comfort, strength, peace, and learning in the ordinances I make at church and in the temple, and those ordinances are possible because of the Priesthood.

No comments: