I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Gospel Message Day 323

Priesthood Power

Oh, what a nice topic. What that has come to mean even more to me in the last decade and a half. But it is getting late and I have an extremely early morning tomorrow. So I'm just going to begin the topic with one of my favorite songs from childhood that mentions Priesthood power. Because of this song, I have always associated the Priesthood with love, strength, trust, and marriage equality.

1. I see my mother kneeling with our family each day.
I hear the words she whispers as she bows her head to pray.
Her plea to the Father quiets all my fears,
And I am thankful love is spoken here.

2. Mine is a home where ev'ry hour is blessed by the strength of priesthood pow'r,
With father and mother leading the way,
Teaching me how to trust and obey;
And the things they teach are crystal clear,
For love is spoken here.

I can often feel the Savior near
When love is spoken here.

Words and music: Janice Kapp Perry, b. 1938

No comments: