I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Gospel Message Day 186

Repentance, Part 6

I think a great way to close this topic is referring to the 6th step that Elder Scott added in his talk, which I referred to a couple of days ago. This step is Recognizing the Savior:

Of all the necessary steps to repentance, I testify that the most critically important is for you to have a conviction that forgiveness comes because of the Redeemer. It is essential to know that only on His terms can you be forgiven.... You will be helped as you exercise faith in Jesus Christ. 15 That means you trust Him and you trust His teachings.... The Savior gave His life so that the effects of all transgression can be put behind us, save the shedding of innocent blood and the denial of the Holy Ghost. 

It is only through Him, and yet always because of Him that we can change.

No comments: