I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, March 2, 2015

Gospel Message Day 159

Random Gospel Thought

OR

Too Lazy to Begin a New Topic

I've been thinking. This summer the reading theme is superheroes. Very excited about all the possibilities. I started some preliminary program planning today. Superhero Science Club. Superhero Training Academy. Most definitely we'll want to show some superhero movies.

We have been contemplating costumes that we could do to go along with the theme. After all, every day we are Super Librarians in disguise. Now we need costumes to let people know who we really are. Right? :-)

In all honesty, though, the superhero stuff had me thinking about what my "Super Stats" would be. Kind of goes along with last week's Filling the Measure of My Creation topic.

Place of Origin/Home: Heaven

Parents: Heavenly Father & Heavenly Mother

Mission: To come to a different world to 1) be tested to grow in ways I couldn't at home and to see if I can earn my place back home and 2) share the Good News and build the Kingdom of my God

Mentors:
*Jesus Christ
*Earthly parents & siblings
*Leaders and teachers

Sidekick: Holy Ghost

Current Residence/Hideout: TARDIS Hobbit Hole

Super Vehicle: The Lizzie P

Super Outfit: Dresses, particularly formal ones

Powers, Strengths, & Tools:
*Testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
*Membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
*Strong and reliable family & friend support system
*My music playlist, inspired by the Spirit
*Being a Pollyanna
*Scriptures

Weaknesses:
*Particular foods (like cheese, Papa Johns, and especially Oreo milkshakes)
*Period Dramas
*Reading
*Men who can dance and/or have THAT smile
*Myself

That last weakness is my worst one. The hardest to conquer. Because Myself is the hardest thing on me. Myself is what gets me in all the tough spots, as well as the awkward ones, the silly ones, the embarrassing ones, the emotional ones, the rough ones, and the painful ones.

But there is hope. My weakness does not have to be my downfall. Because my Creator put a fail-safe in the plan, one that can help the mission and keep my personal one from failing:

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

(Ether 12:27, emphasis added)

I have the ability to conquer my "Superhero weakness," because my Ultimate Source of Power is Jesus Christ and His Atonement. With Him, I have the power to change. I can change the weak things about myself and make them stronger. I can change myself from holding me back from filling the measure of my creation. And I am determined to do just that.


No comments: