I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Gospel Message Day 176

Sacrifice, Part 3

Another Gospel-related way that I have had to sacrifice in my life has been in going to Church and fulfilling my callings. Like tithing, these have been worthwhile sacrifices. Usually it is time that is sacrificed. I could spend my Sundays sleeping and reading and taking trips. But I sacrifice those trivial pleasures because I know I will gain so much more than what I'm giving up, and most of all I will please my Father and my Savior.

Various callings require various sacrifices. In my current one, I have to sacrifice my comfort of anonymity and not being stared at, so that I can lead the music. In piano callings, I have had to sacrifice a sense of calm in exchange for the nervousness that comes when I play in front of others. In callings that require teaching, I have to sacrifice time to prepare lessons. Some callings I have to sacrifice the chance to get to know more people in the ward. In some I have to sacrifice gaining personal revelation from the lessons taught in the classes that I am missing. But with every calling I gain a feeling of accomplishment; I always learn something from serving in that calling that I would not have learned otherwise.

No comments: