I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, March 6, 2015

Gospel Message Day 163

Lord's Law of Health, Part 3

So the next couple of days are not necessarily laid out in scripture, but part of the Lord's Law of Health would include us trying to live as healthy as we know how, especially as we have learned over time (or tested) what makes for better health.

One thing that we know is to drink lots of water. (My family drinks alkaline water, because its molecular structure is more efficient at getting to the cells and removing waste and the alkalinity helps with the pH balance--reducing the acidity that comes from some of our diet. The water has helped me a lot with a lot.)

Today I wasn't able to drink much water and a headache fiercely ensued. It made for a rough plane trip as well. I think there it is no small thing that the Savior is called Living Water. Without Him, our body goes through withdrawal. It becomes dehydrated and stops functioning properly. We cannot go long without the water before much trouble begins. I think it is the same with our Savior. If we go for even a small amount without Him, our spirit starts to shrivel and suffer ill effects.

No comments: