I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Gospel Message Day 161

Lord's Law of Health, Part 2

So, as you can see by yesterday's post, the Lord's law of health as we see in the scriptures relates specifically to things that are good or not good to put in our bodies (both liquid and solid). 

Those not part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have most likely heard something about this law. And most likely it is the Nos. No alcohol. No drugs. No smoking. No tobacco or strong drinks would be the wording in the scriptures. But they would be correct. Those are the Nos to the law.

But when people (LDS or not) say that we can't partake of certain things because of our religion, that is not the case. At least, it is not the case for those who have the right attitude and reasons for not partaking of those things. There is a promise of better health and added protection if we follow the Law of Health (often called the Word of Wisdom). It also shows our willingness of obedience to a commandment of God. That may sound like we have no choice, but every one has a choice if they want to follow God's commandments or not. Great blessings are in store for those who choose obedience.

When I choose to obey the Nos and not let those things enter my body, it is because I believe my Heavenly Father knows what is best for me. So I want to follow that commandment to show Him I trust Him. I also believe in the blessings that will follow--blessings of health and strength as well as blessings for my obedience. So far, my body has done pretty well without those substances. And I never have to worry about losing my own control of self because I do not take in any of those substances that would make me lose control or lead to a dependence on them. I am my own person. Strong. Capable. And in control. 


No comments: