I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, March 13, 2015

Gospel Message Day 170

Law of Chastity

I drew this before and put it back because I wasn't ready to blog on it. Drawing a second time should mean I can't pass it up, right? Especially with what I've had to deal with in the last week. It's really awesome in both sense of the word how well Heavenly Father knows what is happening in our day-to-day lives.

So here goes. First, an introduction. Just like the first lesson I had to teach my Beehive class of girls when I was a Young Women 2nd Counselor. It was on chastity. And a few minutes into the lesson, I had to stop and ask if any of them knew what "chastity" meant. They didn't.

In my words, I define it as "no sexual relations outside the bonds of marriage," and marriage as we believe in God's law means between a man and woman.

The definition on lds.org is a bit more detailed:

Chastity is sexual purity. Those who are chaste are morally clean in their thoughts, words, and actions. Chastity means not having any sexual relations before marriage. It also means complete fidelity to husband or wife during marriage.

No comments: