I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Gospel Message Day 185

Repentance, Part 5

In the scriptures, we often see examples of those who had to repent from some big, grievous sins. There are many in life now who have big, grievous sins to repent of. But generally, if I strive to live a righteous life, it's not the big sins I have to be concerned with. My trouble is with all the small ones--and there are so many! There are sins of omission (like not taking the time to find ways to serve), and there are sins of forgetting (forgetting to study my scriptures now and then), and there are sins of neglect (not saying more meaningful prayers). There are, I'm sure, other kinds of these smaller sins. And as the scripture says, there are divers ways one could sin and no need to get in to each way. What I do know, and what I must be most wary of, are the small, day-to-day ways of sinning and do what I can to turn away from them and return to Heavenly Father.

No comments: