I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Gospel Message Day 164

The Lord's Law of Health, Part 4

The scriptures do not exactly state in plain words that we aren't to do drugs. But we are warned against harmful substances, particularly those that will cause a dependence on them. Over the years, we have come to know what the bad drugs and should never be consumed/used. We also know that abusing medicinal drugs can cause damage, dependency, and possibly death.

The tricky part these days is dealing with the new stuff introduced. They say Black and Green Teas are so healthy. And some think energy drinks like Monster and Red Bull can't be all that bad. And what about that Acai berry diet? So many fads and choices, and the Lord's Law of Health is not always detailed in the Yays and Nays. But it has taught us to be wary of what we put in our bodies. To avoid anything that could be addicting or mess with the body's regular functioning/thinking/reacting. To me, that means energy drinks are a huge no. That amount of caffeine has no good effect. The Church doesn't say that we can't drink caffeine. The choice is up to us. But it doesn't really support it. Because large amounts of caffeine mess with sleep cycles and thinking and very easily become addictive. So, to me that is just not a good idea.

With other things, I try to research before trying something new, especially a new fad. If I have no proof or am unsure about anything, then I play it safe and just don't partake. Maybe the acai berry is good. But an entire diet around it? I'm good with doing regular fruits and vegetables that have been doing bodies good for years. Which reminds me--milk and water are safe bets if I wonder what to drink.

No comments: