I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Gospel Message Day 167

Missionary Work, Part 3

Some of my favorite stories in the scriptures are of missionary work. And some of my favorite people in the scriptures were great missionaries. So today I'm going to mention a few of them.

*Jeremiah - who went through a great amount of trial and tribulation, and all in the cause of declaring the Gospel and testifying of Christ (from the Old Testament)
*Peter and the other original Apostles - who, after seeing their Lord crucified, resurrected, and then taken back to heaven, continued on with the Savior's work and message (from the New Testament)
*Alma, Amulek, the sons of Mosiah, and Zeezrom - who all had their own personal conversion, mighty change of heart, and times of repentance before they spent the rest of their lives doing good and bringing others to Christ (from the Book of Mormon)
*Abish - who maintained her faith until she was finally able to speak of it (from the Book of Mormon)
*Samuel Smith and Heber C. Kimball - early missionaries of the LDS Church, some of the first of this dispensation, who had to leave loved ones behind to venture into unknown lands to unknown peoples to declare restored truths to a world that had been in darkness for centuries (from Church History and mentioned in Doctrine & Covenants)

No comments: