I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Gospel Message Day 175

Sacrifice, Part 2

So, I don't know where to go with this topic unless I talk about some experiences where I've had to sacrifice in something related to the Gospel. As mentioned in the talk yesterday, I sacrifice when I pay my tithing. Some times in life have been harder than others, because it would have been nice to have the full money from my paycheck. When the car needs to be fixed and the house payment is coming up, and it would be nice to have something to eat from day to day. It can be difficult to write that tithing check first when the money could be used in other areas that are not wasteful or extravagant.

But I have faith in the promises of the Lord and that if I will pay the 10% of my income that I will be blessed. Somehow I will be able to make ends meet and pay for that which I need to pay for, and in time, too. Besides, I can't imagine not paying my tithing. Everything I have comes from the Lord. What is a mere 10% when I owe him all and more?

So for me it is never a question if I will pay my tithing, even though there are times that it is truly a sacrifice to do so. But the sacrifice is worthwhile--and the payoff is beyond imagine.

No comments: