I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Gospel Message Day 162

Another pause in the topic to blog about Institute. It happens a lot, doesn't it? Because I always get such great lessons in class. I find direction, guidance, reassurance and comfort. Last night we studied Ether, and more specifically about prayer and trials. Two things that are a constant part of my life.

I have always loved the lessons we can gain from Jared, his brother, and their families. What stood out to me this time in studying and discussing is was Ether 2:24 -

Nevertheless, I will bring you up again out of the depths of the sea; for the winds have gone forth out of my mouth, and also the rains and the floods have I sent forth.

I have it marked in my scriptures that this was one of the solutions for the 3 problems that the brother of Jared brought before the Lord. But as the teacher pointed out, we don't often pay attention to this answer. But this was is so crucial. The depths of the sea represent our trials. And in this verse, we see that the winds, rains, and floods are sent forth by the Lord. This represents how He allows us to be tested, because the testing has the power to push us ahead, push us forward. A ship without wind or current is becalmed, stuck where it is with no hope of progression. But a ship that has winds and waves to batter at it can use such things to its advantage to move forward to where it is meant to go. So it is with our lives and having trials in them. But we are not left alone in the trials. Just as the Lord brought the Jaredite barges up and out of the depths of the sea, He will continue to lift us up.

No comments: