I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Gospel Message Day 165

Missionary Work

A topic that has been a great part of my life. I was raised by very missionary-oriented parents. Our family was all about missionary work. Dad was ward mission leader or at least a ward missionary several times. He was also bishop. We had the missionaries over all the time. Growing up around them, I had great faith and joy in the work they did and in trying to assist them in that work.

So, I suppose a good way to start this topic is why members of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints hold such importance for missionary work. There are a few reasons that I can say just off the top of my head.

First, the Lord has asked that we share the Gospel with all so that they may have a chance to know of its truths and have the chance/opportunity to choose whether they want to believe those truths or not. It is actually a commandment. One given to us by the Savior Himself when He was here on Earth.

Matthew 28: 19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Related to that, while yes the Savior commanded us to share the Gospel, He also gave us another way that we can show our love for Him.

John 21: 15-17
So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
And the third reason stems off of that. 
Behold, I sent you out to testify and warn the people, and it becometh every man who hath been warned to warn his neighbor.
Why should it become us to share the Gospel once we have it in our lives? Because it shows that we love our heavenly brothers and sisters. Whether we know them or not. If we love our fellow man, we will want to share the good news of the Savior's redeeming love and power and of the beautiful, incredible Plan of Salvation that brings hope.

No comments: