I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Future Plans

Day 60

So, yesterday "they" announced the dates for Josh's new tour. And I immediately wanted to see him in concert. Again. Well, you know--3rd time's a charm. (Not sure about a charm for what, but whatever.) Funny on that, too. Because there are some songs I absolutely love:

"Hidden Away"
"Au Jardin Des Sans-Pourquoi"
"If I Walk Away"
"Straight to You"
*"Higher Window"*

And they're pretty much the ones that make me cry a lot. So, you would guess correctly that I don't listen to them as often as one would think. I'm trying to be strong and not dilute my mind with sorrow, false notions/hopes, and more.

Then there are some songs that I am really, really not getting. I mean, I think I'm either misinterpreting it or just, well, not getting them. So, I don't feel drawn back to them to get more out of the songs as I have with other Josh songs that I've not gotten immediately in the past.

I think it is all admitting that he is finally starting to take some of his music in some directions that I just don't/can't/won't follow.

Yet, that doesn't mean I do not thoroughly enjoy seeing him in concert. And love my memories of the last 2 concerts I attended. And would like to go again. But this time, there was someone I wanted to go more than anyone else.

My Dad.

A couple of years ago, Dad answered a question some get-to-know-you questions, and the answer to "who would you like to see in concert" was not Linda Ronstadt (is she still singing?) but Josh! And since then I've wanted my Dad to go. Well, this year is a significant birthday year for Dad, and yesterday I thought "Yes! What a perfect gift." However, by himself? Not fun. 'Cause I know there is no one else in the family out there who would want to go with Dad.

So I called Dad to see if he would still like this gift even if it meant alone. He mentioned it would have been nice if we could go together. And immediately I thought, "Why not fly there? I now live where it is much cheaper to fly to my parents' home than it was before." And the concert where he is is only 2 weeks after the concert where I am. And the thought came that it would be an even greater birthday present to get to share Josh together. After all, who really introduced Dad to Josh anyhow? And loved having that musician in common with him?

Add to that,
1.) I'd get to visit my parents' home again--which I did like.
2.) If my brother leaves for his mission before the summer is out, then it might be nice to give my empty-nester parents a visit during an emotional time.
3.) If he hasn't left, yet, then I'd get to see him again before he left.
4.) I'd get to see my "new" nephew. He'd only be about 4 or 5 months old, which is newer than 3 of his siblings were when I met them.
5.) I'd get a vacation right at the end of Summer Reading.
And 6.) Did I mention I'd get to share Josh with Dad?

I love the Lord's hand to bring about exciting plans in the future that have all good on all sides--it's something so wonderful to look forward to that will totally be worth the wait!

No comments: